1. PMMAI earned recognition as industry association of national status representing the interest of Plastics Machinery manufacturing sector of our country with the Department of Heavy Industries, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Finance & Revenue, Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals. We were regularly invited for interactive meetings held with Industry Associations by respective Department/Ministry. We are active members in FIEO, FICCI and CII and our opinions are sought in issues.
2. Progress made in matters of advocacy with Government.
Represented for Reversal of customs duty reductions on some categories of Plastics machinery which were agreed under FTA signed with South Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines & Thailand.
– We were heard, no results as yet.
Requested to Not to agree customs duty reductions on plastics machinery under Free Trade Agreements (FTA) which Government would enter henceforth with different countries.
– We were heard and our request is honored in FTAs, subsequently signed.
Represented seeking Customs duty reductions on technology components which we import to incorporate in our machines so that our input costs are reduced.
– Our recommendation are analyzed and being considered in new budget.
Represented to encourage exports by expanding Focus product and Focus Country schemes to the complete plastics machinery categories to avail benefits of the scheme.
– Our representation is accepted, being considered in new Exim policy.
Sought guidance and financial assistance in Setting up common facility center, supplier cluster and requested for setting up Technology upgradation fund for Plastics Machinery Manufacturers
– We are in regular interactions, and progressing the matter.
PMMAI is one of the founder members of Capital Goods Skill Council (CGSC) a program initiated by DHI and FICCI for developing Skilled manpower for our sector. Have remained actively involved in developing occupational standards for various trades.
– Activity is under progress.
Represented to DHI and Tariff Commission to Ban/ Discourage import of Used Machinery by Plastics Processors.
– Tariff Commission conducted detailed study and have sent their advise in line with our request to DCPC. DCPC views awaited.
Participated in preparation of comprehensive list of Plastics Machinery to be included for govt assistance to processors under Technology Up-gradation Fund. TUF is being considered to help processors to modernize their manufacturing facility so that they can produce plastic products to global market on quality and costs.
Represented to the Government to continue Anti dumping duties (ADD) on import of Injection moulding machines (IMM) from 40 to 1000 Ton from China by another 5 years from expiry date of its first term on 10th May 2014.
– Got extension for one year and sunset review has been initiated.
3. Progress made in Organisational activity...
PMMAI was started by about 13 members & now the organization has grown into 72 members. 45 Ordinary Members & 27 nos of Associate Members.
Conducted interactive sessions with industry members and processors thru Workshops and Seminars as below: